Raksasa Print Studio is run by artists based in Kuala Lumpur, focuses on creating art prints, zines, books and other unique content, and specialises in silkscreen printing and etching. Apart from printing our own art on a variety of different media, we frequently collaborate with other local and international artists, and take part in both solo and group exhibitions. Please note that we are no longer teaching classes or taking commissions for print jobs; from mid-August 2018, our studio will be for private use only. Do contact us for more information about our portfolio of art prints and other printed media. We provide our prints, zines and books to both private buyers and businesses (on a consignment basis).
Introduction to Silkscreen!
Our Introductory Workshop to Silkscreen will cover all the basics of how to get set up with your first silkscreen project! In this one-day class, participants will learn how to prepare an image for print, focusing on analog/hand-drawn methods of preparing stencils and films. Afterwards, participants will get to print their own 1 or 2-colour print on their choice of paper or fabric (1 free tote bag will be provided). We will be going over printing techniques, registration, and troubleshooting.
Price: RM180 per person
Date: March 9 OR March 10
Time: 11am – 2pm (3-hours)
Overtime: RM20 per hour
*Our workshop only covers 3-hours. However, you can rent extra studio hours afterwards for RM20 per hour. Studio will be open until 5pm.
Basic Workshop Outline
Hour 1: An explanation of how to set up your image for print. Participants will draw out their images on tracing paper.
Hour 2: Participants will expose their images onto screens provided by Raksasa.
Hour 3: Explanation on printing and registration. Participants will then take the rest of the hour to print their projects. Instructor will go over troubleshooting methods and address group questions at the end of class.
* Screens are provided for the purpose of the workshop but are not for personal use for students to take home. If you would like to expose an image onto your own screen, you may bring one to class.
* This is only an introductory class to silkscreen that will prepare participants for their own future projects. We will not be attempting overly complicated images with many layers.
What We Provide
- Drawing materials and transparent paper for making film
- Screens for exposure (not for personal use)
- Scrap paper for test prints, 1 free tote bag per participant. Extra tote bags and t-shirts sold at studio.
- Silkscreen ink, squeegees, etc. for studio use
What To Bring
- An idea or imagery of something you have in mind to print. We will be exploring analog methods of making film, meaning we will be drawing these by hand! Please keep in mind that this is an introductory class, thus very complicated projects are not recommended.
- Extra paper or materials you wish to print on. We will only provide scrap paper and 1 free tote bag during the workshop.
- Clothes you do not mind getting dirty (we will provide aprons as well)
How To Book
Interested in taking this class? Please e-mail us at email@example.com!
Tuesday – Saturday 11am – 9pm
Sunday 11am – 3pm
Closed on Mondays and Public Holidays